Here are Kelly’s Picks for Apple body types from the Fall 2018 cabi Collection!
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- Each buying guide includes a general sizing chart, the length, inseam or rise for each item, plus a general description of the item.
- These are investment pieces. Investment pieces will require a bit of tailoring for the perfect fit. You may either need to hem the length or have the sides nipped in.
- The whole collection is not included. Why? Because there were some pieces that I didn’t feel were “awesome-sauce” and/or they would require too expensive of an alteration to make them rule-following. (Ex. Tailoring three layers of fabric on a shirt in order to get it into your SSR.)
- If you have a local consultant, use her. But if you don’t have a local consultant, I’d love for you to work with my consultant, Gena Reeves.
- To place your order, you need to complete THIS FORM. Once you enter your order, Gena (the cabi Consultant) will contact you via preference – phone, text, or email – to verify your order and answer any questions, plus to coordinate credit card payment. All orders must be placed by end of day on September 9, 2018. If you have questions for Gena, you can reach her at email@example.com or 913-302-1592.
- If you want to view the items more closely (including watching videos), go HERE.
- To go back to the main page, click HERE.
- XXS: Bust – 30″; Waist – 23.5″; Hip – 23.5″
- XS: Bust – 32.5 to 34″; Waist – 24.5 to 26″; Hip – 35 to 36.5″
- S: Bust – 35.5 to 36.5″; Waist – 27.5 to 28.5″; Hip – 38 to 39″
- M: Bust – 37.5 to 38.5″; Waist – 29.5 to 30.5″; Hip – 40 to 41″
- L: Bust – 40 to 41.5″; Waist – 32 to 33.5″; Hip – 42.5 to 44″
- XL: Bust – 43.5″; Waist – 35,5″; Hip – 46″
Ready? Let’s get started!
My Take: This sleek ponte knit A-line skirt is classic and comfortable.
PROS: Pillowcase test compliant; Hidden back zipper keeps streamlined shape; A-line.
Agency Trouser – Kelly’s Best Buy
My Take: This a great modern take on ponte knit trousers (aka really level up those yoga pants). Amazing vertical seam down the front ends in a small slit on the hemline.
PROS: Straight-leg; Higher-rise; Ponte Knit.
Note: Depending on your inseam, these can be true ankle pants for some.
Applaud Jacket – Kelly’s Best Buy
My Take: Based on a vintage Yves Saint Laurent jacket, this pink ponte twill jacket is uber sophisticated.
PROS: Fitted; Side pockets; Cross-Over Detail in back; Small lapel; Button detail on sleeves.
CONS: None. Note: This jacket is similar to the Spring 2018 jacket. Looks amazing with the Fan Blouse.
My Take: A vintage inspired jacket of ponte knit navy and grey plaid.
PROS: Classic plaid pattern; Pockets can be tucked to create slit pockets; 3/4 sleeves.
My Take: Vintage inspired ankle pants in ponte knit navy and grey plaid.
PROS: Straight leg with side zipper create a streamlined silhouette that elongates the leg; Classic and fun pattern.
My Take: The henley style front of this red/charcoal grey plaid shirt has hidden buttons and a straight hemline in the front. Extra bonus! No boob pockets.
PROS: Henley style allows for v-neckline; Goes well with black/grey/navy/white/off-white vests; Single layer.
CONS: Might need to be hemmed to SSR.
Note: This shirt is VERY fitted, so size up from normal.
Fan Blouse – Kelly’s Best Buy
My Take: This top with its single layer of printed poly chiffon covered in a floral of deep red and bright blue with a notched v-neckline and rounded collar with red piping is very, very unique and flattering.
PROS: Unique neckline; Gorgeous colors; Completed base layer for several other cabi items; Single layer.
CONS: Needs to be hemmed to SSR.
Journey Jacket – Kelly’s Best Buy
My Take: This 70s inspired amber cordory coat is the perfect blend of classic pea and trench coat. This topper has small shoulder pads, great seaming to flatter all shapes, oversized side pockets and an inverted pleat in the back.
PROS: Fitted; Side pockets; Amazing lapel.
Note: This jacket is longer so watch for length on petite frames and hemline on pears. Looks great with Fan Blouse.
Undertone: Warm, Cool with a Shield
My Take: A vivid paisley-inspired floral pops against the black background of this simply-cut sleeveless blouse.
PROS: Gorgeous fall pattern and colors; Reversible – where as scoop neck or v-neck; Fitted; Single layer.
CONS: Needs to be hemmed to the SSR.
My Take: This understated cardigan is a great alternative to knit jackets. The two-tone yarn (blue and black) has a beautiful ribbing pattern in the back, a high-low hemline, and unique collar that can be worn up or down.
PROS: SSR compliant; 3/4 sleeves; Fitted; Unique collar.
Note: Looks amazing with the Fan Blouse.
Undertone: Cool, Warm with a Shield
Want to keep looking? Head back to the gateway!