Here are Kelly’s Picks for Carrot body types from the Fall 2018 cabi Collection!
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- Each buying guide includes a general sizing chart, the length, inseam or rise for each item, plus a general description of the item.
- These are investment pieces. Investment pieces will require a bit of tailoring for the perfect fit. You may either need to hem the length or have the sides nipped in.
- The whole collection is not included. Why? Because there were some pieces that I didn’t feel were “awesome-sauce” and/or they would require too expensive of an alteration to make them rule-following. (Ex. Tailoring three layers of fabric on a shirt in order to get it into your SSR.)
- If you have a local consultant, use her. But if you don’t have a local consultant, I’d love for you to work with my consultant, Gena Reeves.
- To place your order, you need to complete THIS FORM. Once you enter your order, Gena (the cabi Consultant) will contact you via preference – phone, text, or email – to verify your order and answer any questions, plus to coordinate credit card payment. All orders must be placed by end of day on September 9, 2018. If you have questions for Gena, you can reach her at email@example.com or 913-302-1592.
- If you want to view the items more closely (including watching videos), go HERE.
- To go back to the main page, click HERE.
- XXS: Bust – 30″; Waist – 23.5″; Hip – 23.5″
- XS: Bust – 32.5 to 34″; Waist – 24.5 to 26″; Hip – 35 to 36.5″
- S: Bust – 35.5 to 36.5″; Waist – 27.5 to 28.5″; Hip – 38 to 39″
- M: Bust – 37.5 to 38.5″; Waist – 29.5 to 30.5″; Hip – 40 to 41″
- L: Bust – 40 to 41.5″; Waist – 32 to 33.5″; Hip – 42.5 to 44″
- XL: Bust – 43.5″; Waist – 35,5″; Hip – 46″
Ready? Let’s get started!
Applaud Jacket – Kelly’s Best Buy
My Take: Based on a vintage Yves Saint Laurent jacket, this pink ponte twill jacket is uber sophisticated.
PROS: Fitted; Side pockets; Cross-Over Detail in back; Small lapel; Button detail on sleeves.
CONS: None. Note: This jacket is similar to the Spring 2018 jacket. Looks amazing with the Fan Blouse.
Blooming Blouse – Kelly’s Best Buy
My Take: This stunning v-neck sheer blouse features an allover print of floating flowers with heavy detail on the voluminous sleeves.
PROS: Amazing pattern; V-neckline; Single layer.
CONS: Needs to be hemmed to SSR and has to be worn with a camisole.
My Take: This fitted longline sweater with a shawl collar and slight waterfall hem is a great casual topper.
PROS: Fitted at the waist; Simple lapel; Long duster length; Unique ribbing pattern to manufacture curves.
Note: This sweater is VERY fitted, so size up from normal.
Undertone: Cool, Warm with a Shield
My Take: Vintage inspired ankle pants in ponte knit navy and grey plaid.
PROS: Straight leg with side zipper create a streamlined silhouette that elongates the leg; Classic and fun pattern.
My Take: The henley style front of this red/charcoal grey plaid shirt has hidden buttons and a straight hemline in the front. Extra bonus! No boob pockets.
PROS: Henley style allows for v-neckline; Goes well with black/grey/navy/white/off-white vests; Single layer.
CONS: Might need to be hemmed to SSR.
Note: This shirt is VERY fitted, so size up from normal.
Devoted Blouse – Kelly’s Best Buy
My Take: Covered in a watercolor floral, this red top is double-layered in the torso and has sheer bracelet-length bell sleeves and a keyhole cutout.
PROS: SSR compliant; Great details – bell sleeves, keyhole, sheer fabric.
Journey Jacket – Kelly’s Best Buy
My Take: This 70s inspired amber cordory coat is the perfect blend of classic pea and trench coat. This topper has small shoulder pads, great seaming to flatter all shapes, oversized side pockets and an inverted pleat in the back.
PROS: Fitted; Side pockets; Amazing lapel.
Note: This jacket is longer so watch for length on petite frames and hemline on pears. Looks great with Fan Blouse.
Undertone: Warm, Cool with a Shield
My Take: A vivid paisley-inspired floral pops against the black background of this simply-cut sleeveless blouse.
PROS: Gorgeous fall pattern and colors; Reversible – where as scoop neck or v-neck; Fitted; Single layer.
CONS: Needs to be hemmed to the SSR.
My Take: These gorgeous charcoal grey ponte knit trousers are a great staple in any workwear wardrobe.
PROS: Higher rise; Ponte knit; Trouser legs.
Inseam: Regular: 32″, Long: 35″
My Take: Look put-together and still be comfortable in this moto-inspired fleece jacket.
PROS: Fitted to the body; Slight Peplum; Amazing and flattering cut when worn open; Slit pockets.
Want to keep looking? Head back to the gateway!